As I mentioned previously, the pre-order page for Wrath of the Lich King is up on Amazon.com.
The release date has been moved from Nov 3 to Nov 13 (darn close to my Birthday!) Given that Blizzard is willing to let release dates slide if things need more work I wouldn’t say the 13th is etched in stone, but it’s probably close.
edit: Since it’s on the front page of the official World of Warcraft site that date’s probably pretty well etched. Still, don’t be too surprised if it slides a bit.
Get yours here: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack
So just off the top of my head, here’s a reminder of what’s coming in November:
- [tag-tec]Deathknights[/tag-tec] are coming, hide now.
- All classes will have new talents, changed talents, and the talent trees are being shifted around. Hopefully Bliz gives us all a free respec.
- Level 80. Who’s gonna get there first? The guys playing 24/7? The writers of the leveling guides? Nyhm?
- New cooking recipes (some of which will be in our cookbook.)
- The Inscription profession. Glyphs will be inscribed onto your naked flesh with Raptor Claw pens… Oh, waitaminute… wrong game.
- Modified professions
- New daily quests and badges from those quests, which will allow you to buy high end recipes for various professions.
- Northrend. ’nuff said.
- A new BG and Arena to slaughter alliance in.
- New dungeons, raids, and some changes to the raiding system.
- Various buffs, nerfs, and bugs. Hope they fix the “randomly fall off your mount and die, while flying way up high” one.
- And a partridge in a pear tree…
Word has it that Bliz is going to provide a free patch that will incorporate a lot of the Wrath changes. I expect this is to make sure that people who don’t buy Wrath are still on, more or less, the same page as those who do buy it.
This will be a huge download, but will be handled as a background process so it shouldn’t force long waits on people. Estimated time on a dial-up connection is 3 weeks, 2 days… (just kidding, I think.)
When does it happen? Real Soon Now.
By the way, you DO have to have Burning Crusade installed in order to play Wrath.
Edit: There is going to be a Wrath Collector’s Edition, but it’s going to be hard to find. Here’s the link to the Amazon page, but as I write this it’s only available from Amazon’s 3rd party sellers. For the low low price of just $300.00 (no, that’s not a typo.)
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector’s Edition
If you want it then check back to the Amazon page every now and then, to get the Amazon price just in case they get some in. Or camp your local game store.